Being software developers we see that many people are still worn with ideas like “I came up with a new website. It will be a virtual environment for fans of the letter A, with the ability to invite friends, post photos, and … “. Not long ago they have attracted much attention from the press and investors. But to be honest, as a rule, it is boring. We’re fed up with virtual networks, mobile games and so on. We want to see something real from what is there, with some real benefits.
Watching our customers, we see a lot of absolutely amazing manufacturing companies. They come from different sectors and engage in different things: some are developing new technologies. Others increase the efficiency of the existing ones; or find for the old technology new, revolutionary applications.
Most importantly, all of this is made available to end-users. If a few years ago it was common sense that life will be better thanks to some new website, now we have the opinion that the focus is returning to the real things, to technology.
Even though we are software fans ourselves, we are waiting for the new higher-quality and convenient products rather than another website with a button, “Make me well and send to a friend.”
Wanting to check whether we think right we have checked the statistics of the National (USA) Association of Manufacturers (see links below), and seen the confirmation of our sentiments:
- Volumes of manufacturing grow.
- Effectiveness improves: although the production runs 8% of the population, they produce 12% of the GDP. Thus, manufacturing is by 50% more efficient than other sectors of the economy on average, and the average income of workers is 24% higher.
- Manufacturing makes ¾ Research (R & D) in the private sector!
- Exports from the United States grew by 50% in 5 years. At the same time imports still exceed exports by $500 billion a year.
- Separately, an interesting fact: the share of SME in export is 96.6%.
This is not serious research, and we will not bother you with big numbers. But the trends are obvious: manufacturing, efficiency and sales are growing, and in many respects it is the merit of small, startup manufacturing companies.
We are pleased that thanks to IT, you can find amazing products and order them from around the world, and the price, terms of production and delivery are reduced. But behind the scenes is the real manufacturing. And it’s great that it is on the rise!
Source of the information: